Cannes Lions is an extremely competitive event, where advertising platforms jostle for the attention of clients and buyers. Each year we set out to top the achievements of the previous year with a truly stand-out experience which represents the dynamism of the Microsoft brand.
In 2014 we doubled the size of the predetermined beach club base. (Need to accommodate the number of visitors by extending the beach and constructing a temporary sea wall? No problem.)
The result was a series of functional yet exhilarating spaces for Microsoft to meet VIPs and industry leaders. This included the Beach Club structure, with an ingenious lifting roof to accommodate the nightclub, the Experience Centre and a restaurant catering for over 750 people over breakfast, lunch, dinner, and cocktails for meetings.
- 2014 revenue opportunities up 78% year on year and 30% above target
- NSAT (net satisfaction) score 159, an increase of 7 points year on year
- 92% of visitors said their perception of Microsoft had improved
- 82% agreed they were more likely to partner with Microsoft in future
- 82% wanted a follow-up meeting with Microsoft
Thank you for a massive undertaking and one that helped us drive the conversations needed to shift the market
Most Effective Event
IVCA Awards 2014
As part of the overall project we also produce the much anticipated Microsoft party.
I’ve been at Microsoft for over 16 years and have personally never worked on an event that has produced such a staggering ROI.